Hello from Guangzhou! we are having TERRIBLE luck with the internet, so that is why you haven't heard from the merry travelers. We are having a wonderful time here. we flew here Tuesday night and got to this motel late. We had chicken quesadillas and enchiladdas for dinner- mexican food never tasted so good!!! Wednesday Ellie had her medical exam. She weighs 16 pounds and can hear and see. So, Life is good! We visited a pearl market and mall yesterday. Very, very crowded! Everyone is getting ready for the Chinese New Year. It must truly be a huge celebration. Beautiful decorations everywhere. This city is so tropical. It reminds me a lot of Hawaii. Bailey was the only person swimming outside yesterday as it was very overcast and about 75 degrees. She had a blast! this motel is incredible. It willl be hard to adjust back home. They turn down your covers and place chocolates on the pillow. And there are probably 100 choices of food included in the breakfast buffet. I told Bailey not to get used to that, it will be Cheerios very soon. AFriday afternoon we go to the consulate for the swearing in ceremony then we leave for Beijing. Beijing to Sanfransisco, to Los Angeles to Boise on Saturday. LONG DAY!!! Happy Valentines Day! Give each other a hug from us! No pictures today- could not get them downloaded. we will post hopefully tomorrow night from Beijing. If you don't hear from us, we are still scheduled to land in Boise at 7 p.m. On Saturday. Hope to see you at the airport.
Love,
Gretchen


13 comments:
Ohhh, was so good to read your message tonight. Yep, it is Valentines Eve here and we are excited Valentines because tomorrow we are starting our little journey to Boise. We'll be with Scoobey Friday night and with you Saturday at 7pm. Will be so FUN! I hope the real Scoobey "writer" is there!! Love to all the 'commenters' -it has been great. Cheers to all-hoyle and doris
Great to hear from you again. I really missed my morning report. Happy that Ellie passed her physical but as your pictures have shown she has just blossomed with your family so of course she would pass!! Rest up for the long trip home. Can hardly wait to see you in March.B&Jlewistown
Hi guys--
I just got the address for your blog and have been catching up on your adventures. We are all so happy for you, and Ellie is just beautiful! Bailey will be the best big sister! You will be in our prayers as you begin your journey back home. There will be some meals and groceries when you get home, so plan on just relaxing and enjoying your family when you get here. See you soon. Love, Luann
Hi Hill family- This is Wendy's friend Heidi from cosmetology school. I have been following your blog everyday and am so happy for you. Bailey, I can't believe how big you are. Last time I saw you, you were a little bitty girl spanking your own butt before you crossed the street by yourself to go to the park. You have grown into a beautiful girl, and you will be a great big sister. Ellie is so lucky!!!! Melinda, don't forget Wendy's purse! :) Hope you all get home safely, and you will be in my thoughts and prayers. Heidi, Billings
I also have missed your daily update. David even asked if there was anything new, it has been fun for all of us. The boys will be home this weekend so I will make them look and awe at the pictures. They love that.
May God give you the strenght to endure your blessings all the way home to Boise!! Take Care, Love Lynnette
Hey Scoob--It's gma and gpa--we are getting closer to you--we are in Dillon right now (Thursday eve)--gpa will take you to Paul's for some doggy treats and to Artic Circle for your doggy cone. Give all your caretakers our love and we'll see all of you soon while we wait for 7 pm Saturday. gma and gpa
Hi Gpa & Gma-Scoob here. Glad to hear your travels are going well and that you are getting closer. I'm totally out of scoobey snacks and I've chewed up all of mom & dad's socks (didn't taste so good)will grandpa take me for ice cream?
The Schwans man won't even come up to the door now, can't chew on his leg. Hurry to Kuna...I'll be waiting and barking in anticipation for your arrival. I'll be the cute black fuzzy one in the window!
Love-Scoobey
P.S. I hear my new sister is pretty cute - but is she as cute as me? She better not steal my spotlight. You know, I am the brother - now I probably will have to go to therapy with middle-child syndrome!
Hey Scoob--trust me you will be OK--You were the brother first--the problem is--canine versus humanoid--Your sisters are beautiful but you are very special, too. We'll visit more this afternoon. Tell the neighbors HiHo and we'll see them all soon. gma and gpa
Thanks gma & gpa for letting us know that you are in Dillon not far now for you to go hope the roads are clear. Give Scoobey a hug from everyone! I can't believe that it is only until tommorrow that you will be holding all your lovely family in your arms.J&B,lewistown
Hi to all,
Scoob was waiting for us-his caretaker had been very faithful caring for him so he was just fine. He was very happy to have partners last evening. It is very warm here so we walked. Hills are expected here in 12 hours so the time is getting short. Take care everyone and we'll see you soon.
Love from gma and gpa and Scoob
With the wind at their back the Hill family arrived in San Fran at 10 this am. OHHH!!they are in the U.S.A and Baby Ellie was SLEEPING! They have a big day yet but 7 pm will arrive. cheers to all, hoyle and doris
Mom and Dad (Bobby & Winnie Moore - "Uncle Ray")told me about your blog and I've been peeking in from time to time. It sounds like quite the adventure and really cool to visit China! And to have a new addition to the extended Moore family.
Kenneth Moore - North Carolina cousin
What a lovely surprise to find new pictures this morning on your blog site. They must be some of the very last ones you have from China. We are so glad you are home safe and sound and by now you are all getting adjusted to the everyday routines. You have a beautiful family.B&J,lewistown
Post a Comment