Good Evening from Hefei, China! We have had a terrific day as we are now officially done with our paperwork. For two hours this morning, we finished the last of it. It is a great feeling to FINALLY be done with all of it! Now we just hope that the American consulate agrees with all of it. we will find out on Friday!
We were going to go to a temple this morning, but our guide thought it was to cold for the babies to be outside, so we will try again tomorrow. So, instead we went and played at the park. Bailey and Steve rented a little boat and strolled around the river. Bailey had a wonderful time! It was a beautiful afternoon and there were lots of people out and about. Many locals stop us and say "lucky girl" to Ellie. I beleive that we are the lucky ones! She is some an awesome baby, her little smile and laugh light up the room.
For those of you who are looking for a different career, may I suggest attatching a portable cotton candy maker to your bike and hang out at the park. Actually,mom, I think it would be an excellent job for you! You have to like to talk and make friends. The whole time the lady was making the cotton candy, she was chatting with us. She didn't know a lick of English but just kept on visiting and smiling. It was great! There is not much profit, as she charged us 12 American cents.
Double click on the green sign that is on the garbage can. The chinese tranlation is actually Fruit Leather Suitcase. we are not sure what it means, but it was hilarious!
we tried duck and pork intestines for lunch today. (just a tiny bit, when in China do as the Chinese!) For dinner we had instant oatmeal (that we brought from home) and peanut butter and french bread. Just needed a little comfort food. After eating in the same restraunt for almost a week it was a nice change! we have tried the Chinese beer and it is actully very good.
We our having a lot of trouble with the internet right now so I need to stop for today.
Hope your weekend is good!
Love,
Gretchen


7 comments:
Good Morning from Lewistown! We are one day closer to meeting you!!! So thankful your Hefei paper work is final. We are so proud of all of you-Melinda, you look great -you all do! Bailey, I love the dino you and Ellie are sitting in. Steve, Now that is a BOAT! Yep, I would love selling cotton candy at the park--mostly speaking and no one understanding-think I do that now in my own county and language!!! Many folks are enjoying your journaling-With love and great anticipation for Saturday-7 pm. We might leave here Thursday in case we have a flat tire or snow storm--we won't be late!! mom and dad
I'm so thankful your paper work is all complete. Looks like you had a wonderful day. I'm happy the weather has been tollerable so you can get out and about. Ellie is very lucky as are you! B&J,lewistown
Well what a wonderful day had by all! Fun to just get out and enjoy life in China! Ellie looks so little on Steve...You all look so great! Stay healthy and be safe !
Love, The Bozeman Clan of Four!
p.s MOM!!!! Tami had her baby last night. Girl,7 lbs. 15 oz. " NO RED HAIR"just brown and curly!She asked me why I did't tell her labor was that bad!!!! I said it was all worth it though hun!!!
Dear Hills, Such great stories Gretchen and Steven. I hope you write a book when you get back. Ellie is such a beautiful "China Doll" and Bailey is such a beautiful "American Doll". Bailey, when you get older you can truly say "Blonds have more fun!" I forwarded the blog to my school computer and showed my third graders your pictures last week. They were NOT impressed with the toilet however. No time to read them your stories. Keep them coming and "Fly with Jesus" on your way home! RnB Wolt Lewistown
Dear Mom, Dad, & Sis Bails...
Scoobey here. I have to tell you something, I kind of had a party last night and we were getting down to Snoop Dog, when the cops showed up. I'm in doggie jail now. Oh, and by the way, my friend barfed in someone's shoes. Gotta go, hurry home and bail me out of this place! Lots of smelly dogs here. Miss you. Bark Bark. Love, Scoobey, your black dog who now has a record. BTW, my mug shot is real cute I think.
Hello everyone-This is Tootsie and Dad. Once again I am over at the house showing dad the pictures. He just can't wait until I get over there. Wendy sent dad some real copies of the pictures becasue he can't see very good on my computer and he just loves them. He sits them right on his table and looks at them all the time. What a fabulous time you guys are having. I wish i was there with you. Ellie looks so happy and what a blessing that she isn't sick. We are counting down the days when we get to see all of you. 6 more days!!!!! Dogs are good mom and dad has just been working alot. Mom, dad wanted me to tell you that Softies made $1,700 dollars at the Metra on Friday!! That's pretty good. I love that picture of Bailey and Ellie at the park it is so cute. Gretchen I have decided that you have to write a book. I will help you write it and we could have kids draw the pictures and make it a children's book. I know that it would work and it would be awesome. You write so well and I just can't wait to read the next journal the next day. Well all is good in Billings! Dad and I are going to Bozeman on Thursday and then to boise the next day so we will be there 7 pm at the airport. Love to you guys! Give Ellie and Bailey a kiss from Aunt Tootsie, oh and give mom, Bailey and Ellie a kiss from Dad!!!
Dear Scoobey,
This is Gma and Gpa in Lewistown. Please try to hang in there and we will stay with you Friday night. If you have a chance, get the house cleaned up and we won't tell anyone what happened. You see, your parents had some of those same kinds of problems when they were young. We'll see you soon at 1209er. Love , gma and gpa
Post a Comment