In case you haven't heard, WE ARE GOING TO CHINA!!!! We received our travel dates today. We leave on the 3rd of February, get Ellie on the 7th, and return to Boise on the evening of the 17th.
Our first full day is in Bejiing where we will tour the Great Wall and the Meng Tombs. Then, it is off the the province where Ellie is at. We will stay there for 8 days, and then off to Guanzhou where the American Consulate is for the final few days.
The excitement around the Hill household is incredible. It is almost like a dream. Bailey said that if we have to leave during the middle of the night don't forget to wake her up! (I hope she knows that we would never forget her.)
I have thought about Ellie's birthparents a lot today. I can't imagine what they went through the day that she was born. I know that they loved her enough to leave her where she would be quickly found. May they know in their hearts that she will be cherished by so many people; and what immense joy she has already brought to her new mom, dad and sister!
I will update again when I know some more travel details.
Hugs to everyone!
Gretchen
Thursday, January 18, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
The news is here-the date is here!!! WOW! all of a sudden everything is ok. I've been in a total fog since I learned yesterday at 7:45 that you will be soon leaving. It is less than a month and you'll be back to 1209 49er. our love, gma and gpa in Lewistown
Our thoughts and prayers will be with you all. We are very excited and can't waite to meet our new cousin. The Wall family. ps our church has you in their prayers too.
SOOOOO glad to hear, we'll be praying for you all.
Scott & Jessica
All of a sudden the time is coming. In less than a week you will have Ellie in your arms--not just your hearts!!!We are s0000 happy and can not wait for our Ellie Journey on Feb. 17.
Love to all, gram and gramp
Steve, Gretchen, Bailey, & Ellie,
WOW what an experience. We are so happy for all of you. Bailey, you are going to be an amazing big sister. From the looks of the pictures it looks like Ellie is very comfortable with you and loves you already. We keep all of you in our prayers and we are so excited to see you when you make Ellie's first trip to Montana. Love to you all...Solbergs
Post a Comment